Vincent is set to take off in 2017 with tours now being organised throughout Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria, Western Australia & South Australia.
We have an absolutely extensive workshop, masterclass and audience engagement program developed to be completely customisable for your audience or region! Below is a little sneak peak at some of those workshops, with more being developed by our creative team every day!
We are now taking bookings for our 2017 tour season! Get in touch right away to secure this fantastic show!
Current Show Dates:
The 2017 tour is currently being updated, please check this space regularly for new show listings!
Included Optional Workshop (2/4 hours) – Included when VINCENT performs at your venue!
Join the VINCENT Dancers and Artistic Director Melissa Lanham as they guide you through some unique contemporary dance techniques. Topics covered include physical theatre, dance theatre techniques, contemporary warm up, contemporary dance. There are two levels
Level 1: Intermediate (10yrs to 14yrs), and
Level 2: Seniors (15yrs to 18yrs).
The workshop is aimed at mid to advanced level dance students, however beginners are also invited to participate. It is a fantastic event to invite local dance schools, dance clubs or groups too and then have them watch what they have learned.
‘Be a Company Dancer for the Day’ (6 hours)
This is a full day of workshops with the Company and Choreographer. The morning will have workshops for both levels (as above) running simultaneously and taken by the dancers of Vincent. After lunch there will be a masterclass taken by Melissa (VINCENT’s Artistic Director) teaching repertoire, partnering, improvisation and task work.Students can then join the dancers for Company Class on the stage before watching the performance in the evening. There is also the opportunity for pre/post show performance Q & A with the company including the choreographer and production manager and a tour of the set including the lighting design.
Starry Night – Community Engagement Program (1-4 weeks)
This community engagement program aims to involve participants from outside the dance world via different artistic channels. The Starry Night program involves aligning with a local visual artist(s) and/or gallery to work alongside Artistic Director Melissa Lanham in sharing the messages from VINCENT about social inclusion, depression, isolation, love and loss.
The workshop works in 2 sections, both are completely customizable for your audience size and demographic:
Section 1: The local visual artist facilitates workshops in painting, drawing, visual expression, sculpting etc to allow participants to experience new ways of expressing themselves. Participants can be of any age or skill. These art pieces are then exhibited in the foyer of the venue, window of the local art gallery or similar as part of a “Vincent exhibition” which is shared through performance publications, a ‘behind the scenes blog’, a photo exhibit of the project, social media updates and press releases.
Section 2: Participants who are willing and able complete section 1 and 2 simultaneously, or do only section 2, which involves a dance component. Melissa will come into schools (public, private, or state), dance schools, and community groups’ weeks before Vincent hits town to facilitate and choreograph a full performance work combining all schools together to create a performance around ‘Starry Night’ coinciding with the Exhibition.
As part of this project there is also the opportunity to
- Join in with company class with the Vincent Dancers
- Watch an open rehearsal of Vincent or
- Watch rehearsal of a new work in progress to see how the choreographic process happens.
- Pre/post show talks and Q & A with the Company including the choreographer and production manager
- A master class with Melissa LanhamWhen VINCENT comes to town, Melissa and her production team bring the student/community show “Starry Night” to life on stage, after the opening act of Vincent, effectively making the show a 2 act local talent exhibition. VINCENT production staff, and the touring technology will be on hand to deliver a stunning performance for the participants, now with the ability to perform whilst on stage.Meanwhile, the art works created by the visual artist and participants is proudly presented in the venue to be displayed for a time appropriate for your venue/town.As always, these workshops are completely customisable in shape and size to suit your venue, town, community or demographic. We have a range of intimate performance options available also if smaller, high-end clientele are whom you wish to aim Vincent at whilst in your town. This can be a sole performance, or in addition to you’re public viewing of the show in your venue.
“Counter World” – Youth Dance Project (Accredited for Schools Assessment Curriculum!!)
This exciting and ambitious project aims to bring together emerging dancers from across dance schools and high schools in a combined performance that will coincide with the remount and Premier of Vincent. Choreographers Melissa Lanham and Kym Stevens will facilitate and choreograph a work that will be performed during the Sunshine Coast Season before Lissa Jane Dance tours Vincent nationally in 2016.
All emerging dancers involved will have the opportunity to work on contemporary dance technique, improvisation, partnering, choreographic processes, dance theatre techniques and all with a performance outcome. Melissa and/or Kym will come to you to work with your emerging dancers, with the combined rehearsals only happening towards the end of the rehearsal period to limit disruption to educational dates.
There is also be the opportunity to
- Watch an open rehearsal of Vincent or a new work in progress
- Master class with the dancers learning repertoire
- Pre/post show talks
- Workshops with the set and lighting designer
- A portion of the proceeds of one of the schools shows will go towards ‘beyondblue’
For information and bookings, please contact VINCENT’s production & tour manager at the details below:
Daniel “Goz” Gosling
(+61) 0402 297 220